Glenwood Academy follows the scope and sequence from the nation’s most widely implemented character – education program – CHARACTER COUNTS! We adopt a common language of values and weave them through our curriculum to help young people develop good character. We have made the Six Pillars of Character as part of our school’s framework – trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. It’s so popular because it works!! Since our students are in a “Six Pillars” environment, they take on more responsibility for their work and participate more in class.
- All Day, October 13, 2017 – Progress reports sent home
- All Day, October 20, 2017 – Field Trip: Summers Farm, Frederick Maryland
- All Day, October 25, 2017 – Picture Day!
- 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, November 9, 2017 – School out at 12:30 (Teachers prepare report cards)
- 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm, November 10, 2017 – School out at 12:30 (Teachers prepare report cards)
- All Day, November 17, 2017 – Report cards go home
Glenwood Academy Blog
Whats Going On….
5 out of 5 starsposted 1 year ago
This school is a true blessing! This year is my sons first year here and he's had a 2000% turn around. This is a school you MUST consider if your child is having problems in school. The teachers here are so amazing and so through with their own education and really bring a lot of passion to the table! My son has drastically improved his grades and the staff has greatly reduced his stress and my stress. Like I said this school is a blessing and I'm so grateful to have found them!! Please do check them out - my son is treated like a regular kid now and not put down for his reading comprehension problem and with their help he's already working past it and talking to his teacher is easy and they really LISTEN to me! Thanks guys!!!