Glenwood Academy empowers ADHD students with language-based learning disabilities: such as, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyslexia, and language processing difficulties through a multi-sensory, developmental, language-intensive curriculum. ALL of our students discover his or her individual potential for greatness!
How does Glenwood Academy Accomplish this Mission?
- Hands on learning is the most powerful learning tool. Students learn by doing with a class size of only 10.
- Staff utilizes a research-based, multi-sensory curriculum. Faculty must be trained in Orton-Gillingham Plus Reading Approach by Fran Bowman; Visualizing and Verbalizing by Nancy Bell; and The Language Circle/Project Read Written Expression curriculum called “Framing Your Thoughts”.
- “Active Learning” enhances academic abilities.
- A designed curriculum that integrates academic rigor with cutting-edge technologies.
- Private specialists integrate the skills taught within the classroom setting. They work as a team with the classroom teachers to provide the best language intensive education possible!
- Making Ethical Decisions: The Six Pillars of Character.