Student Council meets weekly to discuss and plan out what service projects they would like to do each month. Education around the importance of giving back to one’s community is a focal point instilled in the students by the teachers. Examples of projects include brainstorming causes that we care about, making cards or writing letters for our troops overseas; cleaning up litter; creating a proclamation for how to create a healthier school environment; singing throughout the year at various nursing homes and giving families a Christmas who would not ever of had one.
- All Day, February 18, 2019 – School Closed: President’s Day
- 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, February 22, 2019 – School out at 12:30 – Teacher’s prepare 2nd Progress Report
- 12:30 pm, March 14, 2019 – Early Dismissal Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 12:30 pm, March 15, 2019 – Early Dismissal Parent/Teacher Conferences
- 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm, March 30, 2019 – Glenwood Academy Annual Spring Bags and Bling BINGO
- 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, April 11, 2019 – School out at 12:30 – Teachers prepare 2nd report card
- 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, April 12, 2019 – School out at 12:30 – Teachers prepare 2nd report card
- All Day, April 15, 2019 – Spring Break
Glenwood Academy Blog
Whats Going On….
5 out of 5 starsposted 2 years ago
This school is a true blessing! This year is my sons first year here and he's had a 2000% turn around. This is a school you MUST consider if your child is having problems in school. The teachers here are so amazing and so through with their own education and really bring a lot of passion to the table! My son has drastically improved his grades and the staff has greatly reduced his stress and my stress. Like I said this school is a blessing and I'm so grateful to have found them!! Please do check them out - my son is treated like a regular kid now and not put down for his reading comprehension problem and with their help he's already working past it and talking to his teacher is easy and they really LISTEN to me! Thanks guys!!!